This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Catalyst ComMedia is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites.
At Catalyst ComMedia, we are fully committed to respecting client’s privacy. Catalyst ComMedia is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles set by the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information, visit www.privacy.gov.au
This policy, and the Privacy Act, does not apply to employee records held by Catalyst ComMedia. For Employee privacy, please see the QMS Human Resources section.
- Collection of Personal Information
- Other information we may collect
- How we collect Personal Information
- How we use your Personal Information
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Personal Information - Quality & Security
- Promotional and marketing material
- More information
Catalyst ComMedia collects limited personal and or company information such as title, company name, name, contact details such as address, phone, mobile, fax and e-mail address. In some credit scenarios bank account details, credit card details and drivers licence numbers maybe requested.
If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
Additional to our core business activities, we also collect and maintain records of personal information in the below scenarios:
- Contractor name, address, license, contact and emergency contact details which are used for the purposes of managing our various contractors in accordance with the requirements of our customers and our business requirements, and
- Potential employee resumes and contact details which are used as a part of the recruitment process for new employees.
We only collect personal information when the client knowingly provides it. Personal information is collected in a number of ways, as below;
- Directly from the customer
- Collected over the phone, via email or fax
- Within marketing activities and invitations responses
- When you submit information to us through our website (eg by email or cookies)
When you visit our site, our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our web site and monitor the performance. Catalyst ComMedia uses 'cookies' which are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web site may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our web site to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of our web site.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store information about your webbrowser. Catalyst ComMedia extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies; however you can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used.
For statistical purposes, we collect anonymous information on web site activity, such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, most popular session times, web browser info. We use this data to evaluate our web site performance and to improve the content we display to you. No personal information is collected on these occasions
We may use or request personal information from clients when they:
- order goods that require delivery
- apply for a credit or an account
- participate in surveys and other types of research
- enter a promotion or contest hosted by Catalyst ComMedia
- ask for a quote to be prepared
- make a credit card payment
- express interest in a particular Catalyst ComMedia service
- subscribe to our newsletter
- administer and manage our services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- make changes to your profile
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
We value your trust so all of our staff adheres to the highest ethical standards in gathering, using, and safeguarding any information you choose to give us. We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services. This again would only be for us to conduct our legitimate business activities.
Catalyst ComMedia undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information. We will not disclose personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you.
We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. Some examples of where use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles are:
- where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law
- use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct
- use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings, or
- you have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to our disclosing the information about you.
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information that we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, contact us and we will correct it.
Catalyst ComMedia is committed to keeping secure the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. We destroy personal information when it is no longer required by us.
As previously stated, your contact details may be used by us for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence or invitations to you. We acknowledge and respect an individual’s choice to opt-out of Catalyst ComMedia’s direct marketing communications and activities. Should you decide you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from Catalyst ComMedia please contact us in writing via email: , being sure to include your name, address and contact details.
Changes to this statement